In The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins formulated a 7-point belief scale from 1 (total belief) to 7 (total non-belief). Here, I offer a set of 14 transparent 180 x 200 pixel PNG images – 7 images for light backgrounds and 7 for dark – for others to display on their blogs or websites.
The text on my images differs slightly from Dawkins’ but, I think, maintains the meaning.
- Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.
- De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.
- Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.
- Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.
- Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.
- De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.
- Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.
Download the NEW version 2 files for either Light or Dark backgrounds. (Ver. 2 files are 200x230px with rounded borders and light drop shadow. Both downloads contain the template PSD file.)
You can also download version 1 of the set in both PNG format or Photoshop PSD files. (Ver. 1 files do not have any borders.)